1. Information We Collect
We collect personal information in the following ways:
1.1 Information that you provide to us directly
We gather information that you provide to us when you:
- purchase products or services from us
- subscribe to our newsletters and mailing lists
- participate in promotional offers (such as a trial subscription) and other promotions, competitions or prize drawings
- fill in forms, conduct searches, post content on the website, respond to surveys, or use any other features of our websites
- make an inquiry, provide feedback, submit correspondence, or make a complaint over the phone, by email, on our website or by post
- register for, and update an online account with us (including if you access through Facebook, Twitter, Google, or an open IP provider)
- enter into a contract with us
- contact other users on the websites, e.g. on the www.maeganwatson.com various websites
- ‘follow’, ‘like’, post to, or interact with, our social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Google+, and Others.
The information you provide to us will include (depending on the circumstances):
- Identity and contact data: title, names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers or your signature.
- Account profile data: a username/display name, password, user preferences and, if you sign up through a social media account, certain information about that account.
- Visual and audio information about yourself: e.g. a photo or video footage, or sound recording.
- Your preferences: information about your preferences, interests, industry focus, community choices, and other customer profile information.
- Any other information that you choose to share with us: for example, any information that you provide via correspondence, when you fill out our survey(s), that you share via our website or social media accounts linked to our website.
1.2 Information we collect through technology related to our products and services
Some of our products and services collect information about system and product data. We use this information to manage and administer our products and services, to issue updates and new versions, testing and monitoring services that we provide, enhancing our products and services, and improving and targeting our communications with you.
1.3 Information we collect through online technology
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, local storage, and scripts are used by us and our affiliates, and other companies, such as third party technology service providers and web analytics providers. These technologies make it easier for you to navigate our website and to help us manage the content on our website and are used to analyze trends, administer the sites, track users’ movements around the site (including which site you clicked from to arrive at our site), and gather demographic information about our user base.
1.4 Information from other sources
In certain circumstances, we will receive information about you from other sources, including third parties. For example, we may receive personal information from any of the following:
- Other website users.
- Your agents or representatives who are acting on your instructions.
- Commercial contact lists that we acquire from other organizations.
- Organizations that we acquire or merge with.
- Organizations with whom we provide co-branded events, websites, products, and services.
- Fraud detection agencies.
- Social media plugins. By providing your social media account details you are authorizing that third-party provider to share with us certain information about you.
We might also receive information about you from other third parties if you have indicated to such third parties that you would like to hear from us.
1.5 Special categories of data
We do not collect details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. Depending on the circumstances, we will also do not collect information about criminal convictions and offenses.
2. How We Share and Disclose Personal Information
We consider your personal information to be a vital part of our relationship with you and do not sell your personal information to third parties. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your personal information with certain third parties, as follows:
- Other website users and clients who use our websites and/or applications to communicate or otherwise interact with you;
- Sponsors, partners and collaborators, including sponsors of our events, products or services, and organizations with whom we host co-branded events.
- Our service providers who are acting as processors and who assist us with our administrative or business functions, or in the provision of any of our products/services to you.
- Wholly owned subsidiaries, and foreign offices, of www.maeganwatson.com.
- Marketing parties which are any selected third party that you consent to our sharing your information with for marketing purposes.
- Any prospective buyer of our business or assets, only in the event that we wish to sell any part of our business or assets.
- Other third parties including legal, professional or other advisors, regulatory authorities, courts, law enforcement agencies and government agencies) where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
3. Children’s Privacy
Our website is not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect or maintain the personal information of children under the age of 13, and in some jurisdictions under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 13, please do not access our website at any time or in any manner. If we learn that we have collected personal information of children under the age of 13 or 16 (as applicable), we will take appropriate steps to delete that data.